Sights & Scenes: The Tampa Riverwalk
Completed in 2016, the Tampa Riverwalk is a two-mile pedestrian and bike path along the Hillsborough River and Garrison Channel. Popular since day one, it is the tie that connects the majority of major development projects underway within Tampa's Central Business District.
A National Historic Landmark, the Tampa Bay Hotel was built by railroad magnate Henry B. Plant, at the end of his railroad line in 1891. The building is now a part of the University of Tampa’s main campus.
Completed in 1923, the Lafayette Street Bridge was originally named for the French general who helped in the American Revolution but later changed to Kennedy Boulevard Bridge to honor JFK. It is the oldest bascule span in the state.
MacDill Park on the Riverwalk
The 400-unit Manor Riverwalk luxury apartment development was constructed on the site of the former Tampa Tribune building.
USF Park on the Riverwalk stands in honor of Tampa’s unending dedication to the importance of scholarship and education.
The Platt Street Bridge was originally built in 1926 and rehabilitated in 2012.
Tampa General Hospital is a 1,010-bed teaching hospital located on Davis Islands.
Completed in 1990, the Tampa Convention Center encompasses 600,000 square feet and includes a 200,000 square foot exhibition hall.
Conceived at the height of the 1980s festival marketplace craze, Tampa’s Shoppes at Harbour Island officially opened for business on June 23, 1985. Despite a grand opening that featured former President Gerald R. Ford as a speaker and attracted 100,000 people, business did not flourish and by the mid-1990s, the entire retail complex had closed. In 2014, the center was sold to Convergent Capital Partners for $7.5 million and remodeled into a mixed-use development called The Pointe.