The country's top 10 housing markets for 2017
2017 is less than a month away and housing forecast predictions are starting to come in. According to Realtor.com,'s 2017 housing forecast, Next year’s housing market will see slow yet moderate growth, a changing composition of homebuyers and a post-election interest rate jump that could price some first-timers out of the market. Nevertheless, strong local economies and population growth with continue to fuel the nation's top ten markets. These markets are forecast to see average sales growth of 6.3% and price gains of 5.8%, exceeding national growth 1.9% and 3.9%, respectively. Seven of the top markets are located in Arizona, California and Florida. Here's realtor.com's 2017 top 10 housing markets based on sales and price gains:
1. Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, Ariz.
2. Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, Calif.
3. Boston-Cambridge-Newton, Mass.-N.H.
4. Sacramento–Roseville–Arden-Arcade, Calif.
5. Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, Calif.